The Positive Impact of Direct Mail
By Kat McDaniel, Principal at MEDiAHEAD
Have you noticed that few people are using direct mail right now because of the cost of paper and postage?
With our help, you could target small, specialized groups of customers for the continued success of your brand.
Stats continue to show the positive impact of direct mail:
1. 42.2% of direct mail recipients either read or scan the mail they get.
2. Direct mail requires 21% less cognitive effort to process than email.
3. Direct mail recipients purchase 28% more items and spend 28% more than people who don’t get that same piece of direct mail.
4. Direct mail offers a 29% return on investment.
5. 73% of American consumers say they prefer being contacted by brands via direct mail because they can read it whenever they want.
By customizing your mailing piece to a specific type of customer and gearing the offer and visuals to them, your success rate increases dramatically.
In its response rate report, the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) analyzed Bizo and Epsilon data and found that direct mail achieves a 4.4% response rate, compared to 0.12% for email.
Overall, the DMA found that direct mail’s response rates are anywhere from 10 to 30 times higher than that of digital!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!