Now, more than ever, you could really use a marketing portal.
By Michele Stillwell, Director of Marketing and Accounting at MEDiAHEAD
Have you ever been looking for that one file and it took you forever to find it? I recently experienced this problem. Picture this: You get art files from someone and rename them. Then you save the files somewhere… A month or two goes by, and guess what? You need that file again.
Searching and searching, you forgot the name of the file. And you forgot where you saved the file. After looking for an hour or so… you finally find it! Whew.
It’s especially frustrating now working from home. Using a remote connection to your company files can be frustrating in itself, let alone trying to find a file.
This is where a marketing collateral asset management tool comes to the rescue.
With an asset management tool, all your collateral is online in a central repository. You can log into your portal site and see your collateral in real-time. Even better, you have the ability to customize the collateral, edit content and download. All at your fingertips.
You can upload anything to the asset management tool: documents, videos, graphics, working files, photo libraries and even physical merchandise. You have the control; it makes finding things super easy.
With a collateral asset management tool, you can:
- Upload documents quickly and easily
- Manage version control
- Archive files that are out of date
- Allow individual users to edit & customize content while still controlling your branded elements
- Easily search and find any documents or file by campaign, product targeted audience or any other attribute you choose
- Order materials digitally or to be printed on-demand and shipped globally
- Control security access each user receives – what they can view, edit and order, and payment options as well
- Choose your payment options – including credit card payment, point programs, internal cost center allocations or purchase orders
One thing I learned when working for a large corporation is that brand control is extremely important. When you have an asset management tool, you have control of the continuity of your brand.
There are several other reasons to have such a tool for your sales and marketing team. One stop shopping for your team for client handouts, client gifts and more.
- You can store your trade show booth and giveaways on your management tool, manage orders for multiple shows in your portal, print customized collateral on-demand for that specific show and ship directly to the location… all from your own desk.
- Provide turn-key campaigns to channel partners, allowing them to co-brand materials, upload prospect lists and execute marketing or print campaigns all from your asset management tool.
- Allow your Sales team to easily search and download marketing assets for prospects, and order materials to be shipped out to the field or directly to the client.
Think about all the time you can save with the organization and efficiency you get in an online marketing portal! Give me a call. I will walk you through one of our portals and show you where you can save time and stay on brand.
For more information, check us out at www.mymediahead.com.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!