Izzy has some sad news to share…
Hi guys. It’s Izzy. And this month I have some sad news to share.
My friend Monkey (we called her Mo) passed away a few weeks ago. She was the best cat friend a dog could ask for. I terrorized her daily, but I loved her so much. I still run around the house searching for her every day.
The last few days, Monkey couldn’t walk, so I stayed on the couch and cuddled with her all day and night till she passed.
My parents got some advice on how to deal with my grief.
- They talk to me in a calm and upbeat voice, even though it’s hard for them to cope with their own loss.
- We’re engaging in new activities. This helps me focus on something new and distract me from the loss of Mo and the uncertainty surrounding it.
- We’ve been doing some fun and enjoyable things, like going to the park. It helps me emotionally and makes my parents feel better too.
- The vet told them if I show signs of separation anxiety or depression that they should bring me in for a checkup (I HATE going to the vet).
- And the best thing of all – I get to go to the office to see my friends every day!!
One thing that hasn’t changed is my appetite.
I still scour the office every day for any unsupervised snacks. I think I’m getting a little extra because they know I’m sad. I even got some pizza last Friday!
Monkey lived for 20 years, which is a long time for my best friend.
I will miss her so much!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!